Let’s be honest – budgeting isn’t always easy. Between child activities and everything else under the sun, it adds up. Since parents are always wanting to do everything for their kids, being a frugal mom can seem like an uphill battle. But all hope isn’t lost. Allstate Canada has come to the rescue by helping us save money on our car insurance through their Drivewise app. Not only is it free to download, but you also get to contribute to the safety of your community.
Allstate Canada has always been committed to making a positive difference by being an advocate for safety and social responsibility, and the app reinforces that commitment. Essentially, this app will monitor driving habits to encourage you to adopt safer practices behind the wheel. If you are currently paying a high auto insurance premium, you may be able to earn a discount by demonstrating safe driving behaviours as a result of using the app
Here is some quick information about the Drivewise app:
- Drivewise is risk-free and available for download on both Apple and Android devices DOWNLOAD HERE. This gives drivers the chance to save up to 30% on their auto insurance.
- Allstate customers who download Drivewise app will be monitored on their driving behaviour for a six-month period and provided with detailed information on whether they:
- maintained safe driving speeds
- practiced safe braking
- drove at safe times
- It’s available in Ontario, Nova Scotia and Alberta and launching in Quebec come summer 2019.
- After a six-month probation period, the drivers will automatically receive a discount based on their driving record from the app.
From my own personal experience from trying out this app, I noticed that Drivewise records quite a bit of information – the time of day, braking, speed, location, and even my trip data. I was definitely more aware of my bad habits behind the wheel as I consciously improved my driving habits on each trip and wanted to maximize the discount I would receive at the end of the probation period. If you’re interested in taking your own journey with Drivewise, learn more here.
All State Canada Social Handles
Disclaimer: This post has been sponsored by Allstate Canada. All opinions are my own.